When it comes to marketing, whether it is done online or done more traditionally– it is a very dynamic concept that businesses have to keep up with. The trends, technology, and strategies change often, making it challenging for every entrepreneur or marketing professional to overcome.
How can we keep up? One of the best ways for marketing campaigns to stay relevant is to be up-to-date on the latest marketing statistics. Analyzing relevant data can help marketers develop campaigns that can impact and convert potential customers to increase sales.
If you are an entrepreneur wanting to start a business or have an existing business that needs improvement in the marketing department, here are some valuable statistics that can help you create more effective digital marketing campaigns to increase sales and following.
- 12% of the global retail sales in 2018 came from eCommerce sales.
- 82% of consumers expect a response within 5 minutes via live chat in conversational marketing.
- 51% of all online shoppers complete an order with their mobile phones.
- 108% of mobile phone purchases were made through apps compared to using mobile web browsers in the holidays of 2019.
- More than half of the people on the planet check emails before doing anything else during the day.
- 49% of consumers state that they would like to receive promotional emails from brands they like weekly.
- Welcome emails have the highest open rate of 82%.
- The number of emails sent and received each year is 102.6 trillion.
- Sending three (3) abandoned cart emails from online stores can result in 69% more orders than sending just one (1) email.
- 50% of small and medium businesses use automated email marketing software to send their marketing campaigns.
- Using visual content such as videos and images on landing pages can improve conversions by 86%.
- Even a 1-second delay in your website’s speed can reduce conversions by 7%.
- According to 72% of all online marketers, content creation is the most effective SEO marketing strategy.
- 12% of search queries appear as a Featured Snippet Box on Google search.
- 90% of web pages get zero (0) organic traffic from Google.
1. 18% of the global retail sales in 2020 came from e-commerce sales.
18% is a significant number when talking about worldwide retail sales. If you own a small business, you might want to rethink your strategy by expanding and penetrating the online market.
It will give you a wider reach and increase your sales, depending on the product and services you offer. Now that everything is going digital, and online shopping is taking over the world by storm– there is no reason not to penetrate this market for better opportunities to expand your business.
2. 82% of consumers expect a response within 5 minutes via live chat in conversational marketing.
Because of technology and high-speed internet, the potential customers’ patience might have decreased by a lot. If you ever set up a live chat feature on your website, you might want to make sure that there is someone manning the chat feature most of the time to make sure you don’t potentially lose customers.
Remember, upset customers tend to leave your company poor reviews or rant about their troubles on social media platforms, which is something you want to avoid.
3. 51% of all online shoppers complete an order with their mobile phones.
Mobile marketing is important. With that being said, it might be a good idea to optimize your online store’s landing page for mobile users.
Make sure that you use a website builder that can preview the design for mobile users to make the most out of your landing page. Choose a website builder that allows you to edit the layout on mobile devices, such as phones, tablets, laptops, and large computer monitors.
It’s a good idea to preview your messages on social networks too so social users see a clean message on their phones.
4. 108% of mobile phone purchases were made through apps compared to using mobile web browsers in the holidays of 2019.
In addition to optimizing your landing page, developing an app for your business is also a good idea to develop an app for your business, adding and removing items from the cart and checking out.
Most online shopping and eCommerce businesses like Amazon, Shopify, eBay, etc., utilize apps for user convenience and smoother transactions. However, because of the high volume of consumers during the holidays– you also need to make your app more stable for potential users. There are many easy-to-use app builders in the market, but hiring a programmer would probably be the best method if you have no experience.
5. More than half of the people on the planet check emails before doing anything else during the day.
This information can help marketers know the best time of day to generate emails. A lot of emails are ignored at the end of the day, for example, when people are resting. If they’re sent during that time, chances are, people will forget about the email you sent.
Make sure you use this information to improve your email marketing efforts. Consider sending messages in the morning for a better chance of getting it noticed. You might consider using an email marketing provider with segmentation and scheduling. Be sure to utilize a platform that has robust email marketing statistics and metrics too.
6. 49% of consumers state that they would like to receive promotional emails from brands they like weekly.
Let’s say you already have a list of leads from your inbound marketing efforts. Marketers plan to email these respondents weekly.
You can focus on sending emails to your target market and existing customers weekly. This marketing strategy can help you with lead generation too, instead of sending emails to people who might ignore them. However, you don’t want to go too far and send too many emails or they might end up in the spam folder.
7. Welcome emails have the highest open rate of 82%.
There are many autoresponder and email services you can use for your business. Sign up for email services that provide high-converting welcome email templates that you can use to introduce your business to potential customers. Why? Welcome emails have a high open and click-through rate.
Email service providers typically offer “triggered” autoresponders, so you can set a welcome email to send when a certain action is taken, like when a subscriber joins your email list.
By having more potential customers aware of your business you’ll have a better chance of increasing sales.
8. The number of emails sent and received each year is 102.6 trillion.
Since many users rely on emails for communication, it might be a good idea to create an interactive email campaign. Just make sure to create unique emails that can entice your target market for a better chance of conversion.
These days, boring emails with blocks of text do not really work for the market as much. You want to try sending memes, interactive emails, quizzes, discount codes, and other perks that will make your business stand out.
9. Sending three abandoned cart emails from online stores can result in 69% more orders than sending just one email.
Do you send customers reminders when they leave items in their cart? If not, you should consider trying it.
The statistics above tell you to be persistent in reminding people when they have an abandoned cart when online shopping. Sending one email might not land the sale, but sending two or three will likely result in a purchase.
Why are these emails so effective? Customers wouldn’t put products in their cart if they were interested in them, so when they’re reminded about their abandoned cart, they often take action.
10. 50% of small and medium businesses use automated email marketing software to send their marketing campaigns.
Automated email marketing software services (like MailChimp or Constant Contact) can really help you in growing your business. Plus, they are easier to use and offer more than automated emails. Some services offer high-converting templates, interactive email templates, and some services will even supply you with leads for a wider reach.
Many small businesses overlook these services because of their price, but digital marketing statistics show it is an effective marketing channel. Compared to traditional marketing and spending time creating and sending emails manually, marketing automation is definitely adjusting marketing budgets.
Conversion rate optimization statistics
11. Using visual content such as videos and images on landing pages can improve conversions by 86%.
Everything is visual nowadays, which is probably why most of the world’s internet users are on social media networks. Sometimes it is effective to create an email that resembles a social media post– which most people are more into nowadays.
You can improve your landing page by incorporating video marketing, such as photos, video content, or infographics, to make people more interested in the products and services you are offering. Visual content is ideal for social media marketing too.
However, you don’t want to overdo it because adding too many elements can affect its speed and performance.
12. Even a 1-second delay in your website’s speed can reduce conversions by 7%.
This information tells us that we need to focus on page speed and performance, especially if we want to convert more potential customers. You have probably encountered a delay in a website you visited in the past and felt the same thing, which is why you want users to have the best experience possible.
To reduce delays and speed up your website, you need to use a reliable web hosting service and do not fill your website with too many elements that may cause the website to crash. The more visits a website gets, the need for better hosting gets more critical.
13. According to 72% of all online marketers, content creation is the most effective SEO (search engine optimization) marketing strategy.
If you own an online business, the best way to increase traffic is by blogging and creating content. Using SEO tactics can put your page on the top of search engines, making more people aware of your business.
Fortunately, you can hire SEO experts or use content marketers to help you create search-friendly articles and messaging for your site. Organic traffic is the best way to create awareness.
14. 12% of search queries appear as a Featured Snippet Box on Google search.
Many articles feature a summary, a table, and numbered lists in their blog because it has a higher chance of becoming a Google Snippet. Google Snippets are usually found on the top of search engines– even if your blog post is not on top of the search results.
Google updates its search algorithm every year, but the best way to make it into a snippet is by answering the questions in your heading immediately without going off-topic.
15. 90% of web pages get zero organic traffic from Google.
Because there are so many pages that receive no organic traffic from Google, you have a better idea about how fierce the competition is in SEO. Web pages can get organic search traffic if they end up as the first page listed in search results, so it is always the best strategy to optimize your content to rank on search engines.
You might want to use better SEO strategies by hiring competent writers and deploying a content marketing strategy to drive organic traffic to your business landing page or blog. You can also make use of paid SEO marketing tools to gather data and keywords.
How are statistics used in marketing?
Most entrepreneurs and marketers use statistics as a source of data in marketing or as benchmarks to hit. They use the relevant data for competitor analysis, identifying significant competitors, and creating effective campaigns to convert their target market.
However, there are many ways to apply statistics in marketing. Therefore, it is up to the marketing professionals and entrepreneurs to fill the gap and use the data to their advantage.
Why is data critical in marketing?
Marketing data and statistics will help you understand your target market better. In addition, learning about these statistics will enable you to build comprehensive knowledge about your existing and potential market.
You’ll use a variety of data points from content marketing statistics and social media statistics from specific platforms like LinkedIn to review your marketing efforts and set your ad spend.
What are the key benefits of marketing?
Marketing benefits include increased sales, a better reputation, knowing your target audience, earning your potential customer’s trust, and knowing how the business works.
In addition, learning how the market works by building extensive knowledge on statistics and data will help you control the market. Good marketing is essential in any business, no matter the size.
CHK_ YOUR NAME RIGHT NOW
Use our engine to quickly check your content right now!