Wix is a drag-and-drop website builder that lets users design and build sites without any coding skills. It’s easy to use, and any person with basic computer knowledge can use the platform. The company headquarters is located in Tel Aviv, Israel, and has grown to accommodate various branches across the world. Wix has a huge user base which is approximately 4.6 million live sites.
- It has a wide range of templates to choose from
- Easy drag and drop functionality
- 14-day money-back guarantee
- Responsive design
- It’s not good for large websites
- The export feature is not available
- Customization is difficult
- Lack of creativity
What are the pros of Wix?
- It has a wide range of templates to choose from: Wix offers a wide range of pre-built layouts for a wide variety of industries. For instance, there are numerous templates to choose from, including portfolio design, business design, eCommerce design, and so on. For those who are blogging, you can create some unique web pages with the Wix Blog feature too. The templates are of high quality and are created by top-tier graphic designers. There are even video backgrounds available.
- Easy drag and drop functionality: The drag and drop feature makes it easy to use, even for users with no technical experience.
- 14-day money-back guarantee: After buying the premium plan, you are offered a 14-day money-back guarantee, in case you don’t like your Wix account. It is a great way to test the advanced features and see if they are better for you than the free one.
- Responsive design: The templates are perfectly optimized for desktops, tablets, and mobile. This means that if your site is accessed from a mobile device, the interface and content will change according to screen size. It is also a great advantage for search engine optimization, or SEO.
- Responsive customer care service: If, in any case, you run into a problem, you can contact the support team via phone or email, and you will get the assistance that you require. The company has one of the best customer service setups in the industry, according to Wix users.
- It’s easy to use: You can build your business website in just a few hours regardless of whether it’s an online store, blog, or portfolio site. Even if you have limited marketing and development skills, you should have no trouble creating your first Wix site.
What are the cons of Wix?
- It’s not good for large websites: The navigation menu doesn’t have the capability to accommodate complex substructures. Because of that, it is not a good option for large websites with more than 30 pages. With the free version, you are limited to some basic functionalities and features that Wix offers. The starter plan contains advertising, and you will have to pay for a different plan in order to remove the ads from your website.
- The export feature is not available: In case you decide to move your website to another platform, you will have to manually copy and paste content to your new website since the export feature is not available in Wix. Why? Wix doesn’t want users to exploit the platform by creating a simple website and then transferring it for free.
- Customization is difficult: While the initial site creation is rather straightforward, it’s not easy to make major changes due to a lack of advanced features. Also, you can’t switch a template, and you will have to pay extra for third-party apps.
- Lack of creativity: You can’t create customized designs. So, if people want to make a unique template that would reflect their brand message, it’s pretty hard to do it with Wix. The drag and drop feature can limit your creativity.
What are the best features of Wix?
Wix has some great features. Here’s what users rave about:
You can integrate affiliate links, banner ads, and Google AdSense via the App store. This will also help you control who can advertise on your site by uploading authorized seller’s files.
You can add a live chat to your site. You are free to customize the styles of the chatbox and add available chat hours so you can get notifications via a mobile app.
As one of the best website builders, 19 languages are supported by the Wix editor. You can translate content automatically or manually. You can also swap out menus, buttons, and images for translations using a switch found at the top of your site. With a Wix website, a language will be automatically displayed based on the settings of a user’s browser.
This is a scheduling system that powers a wide variety of services such as scheduling appointments, workshops, classes, and more.
With Wix events, you can leverage email marketing by emailing invitations and keeping track of RSVPs. You can also set up a shared gallery so that attendees can share photos of your event.
What are the benefits of Wix?
Since the platform uses (WYSIWYG) What You See Is What You Get editor, users can easily select, resize and position any object with ease. FTP or HTML coding skills are not required. Users say the site offers a positive site-building experience.
Ideal for small and medium businesses
If you’re a sole owner, there isn’t a better platform than Wix. It will allow you to create amazing hubs without having to spend the last dollar. What’s even better is that small businesses can set up a free website.
It is also worth noting that you won’t have to pay for a programmer; a site can be made with minimal technical knowledge. All you have to do is choose the right elements and then drop and drop them into premade templates.
Great web hosting provider
If you wish, you can also get a free domain name. Although they don’t have the best hosting service on the market, it will be more than enough for smaller and medium brands. Furthermore, you will gain access to various tools and services. By accessing the Wix dashboard, a website owner can manage and track all the relevant website data.
While free options are pretty amazing, a lot of business owners prefer paying for a nice design. This is where Wix designers come into play. The company offers its customers a website creation service. All you need to do is provide the initial guidance. A website owner will have to answer a few basic questions about the business. For example, you will have to tell designers what your business is about. Once they have this data, they will create a custom domain and create an amazing, customized Wix website for your online presence.
Assistance for developers
Wix has also thought about web developers. They have a code module that would allow them to set up and use a personal database. With open API architecture, it is possible to install various plugins that will help them during the creation process. What’s even better is that the website will be instantly optimized for the best user experience and speed. Lastly, coding operations are very simple and easy to use.
Content is optimized for SEO
Search engine optimization is one of the main things you need to consider when making a website. The platform allows you to create content that is properly optimized. Wix provides SEO tools that will help modify articles so they are more likely to be noticed by Google’s search algorithm.
If you’re an online retailer, you can subscribe to the company’s eCommerce module. With it, you will be able to create an amazing webshop and start selling within hours. All users have access to 3 different types of product catalogs as well as customized checkout pages. There are also cart functionalities, which you can use to improve customer experience. You also won’t have to think about payments; the company allows direct payments, PayPal wallets, and credit cards.
Websites are optimized for mobile devices
Today, you need to have a website that is suitable for mobile devices. On top of that, mobile optimization is crucial for Google. Luckily, Wix has thought about this. The platform automatically optimizes your website so that it is properly shown on tablets, cell phones, and other devices. Anyone can benefit from this feature, but it is especially beneficial for internet stores.
No connectivity issues
Connectivity problems are something that is plaguing a lot of websites. Wix works well with various third-party solutions. This includes marketing solutions, sales apps, and also marketplaces. Furthermore, a Wix website can be integrated with social media platforms, CRM, and collaboration apps.
Great customer support
If you’re annoyed by poor customer support, Wix will be the right for you. According to the company, they have one of the best customer support teams in the business. Regardless of your inquiry or needs, they will be processed in a short amount of time. You can contact their team via phone or email, whatever suits you. Furthermore, you can take matters into your own hands by accessing step-by-step tutorials and the online knowledge base.
Ease of use
The Wix editor is pretty easy to understand. If you are stuck, there are short introductory videos and FAQs that will guide you throughout the process. Even so, the interface is so simple and straightforward that you probably won’t need any assistance.
Wix has another tool called Wix ADI (artificial design intelligence) that asks you a series of questions about your site and then suggests designs that meet your needs. This website-building tool is unique to Wix.
Professional website designs
There is a wide range of mobile-friendly Wix templates to choose from. You can as well upload your own fonts and embed videos in the background.
What are the disadvantages of Wix?
Inability to change the template
After you have chosen your preferred template, it’s not possible to choose a different template afterward. You will need to stick to your first decision. Also, there is no means of transferring content from one template to another. If you change your mind later, you will have to manually copy all your content to your new template.
The user interface is cluttered
When you open a Wix website in an editor, you might get overwhelmed by the sheer number of features. Even though they are meant to provide a great selling point, they are more likely to lead to complications.
The export feature is not available
In case you decide to move your website to another platform, you will have to manually copy and paste content to your new website since the export feature is not available in Wix.
What does Wix pricing look like?
To get a better sense of the cost, here’s a look at different plans offered by Wix:
Wix paid website plans
- Combo Plan: $14 a month: This plan limits traffic. It’s mostly for personal use and basic sites.
- Unlimited Plan: $18 a month: This is the most recommended plan for those who are starting out because the plan offers unlimited bandwidth.
- VIP Plan: $39 a month: This plan provides you with priority customer support. You won’t need to wait in a queue.
Wix paid business and e-commerce plans
- Business Basic: $23 a month: This e-commerce plan contains some feature limitations, such as no dropshipping and no subscription to products.
- Business Unlimited: $27 a month: Business unlimited lets users gain access to the e-commerce features that the Business Basic plan does not. This Wix plan is ideal for small businesses or startups.
- Business VIP: $49 a month: This plan provides access to priority customer care support so you can get the immediate support that you require.
Will I need my own webspace in order to use Wix?
The good thing is that you won’t need your own webspace for Wix. It is a hosted website builder, which means that after signing up, you will get everything you require from the platform, i.e., the domain name, webspace, and the editor.
Everyone can access free features. You can rely on Wix to create your own website and host it. There are no hidden fees, and you can start making your website as soon as you log in. A user can get some extra storage and remove ads with paid plans.
Is Wix good for beginners?
Wix websites can be created by anyone regardless of their previous experience. The platform is really easy to use, and it has some amazing tools that will guide you throughout. By simply dragging and dropping elements, you can arrange pages according to your needs.
On top of that, Wix is great for SEO beginners. If you don’t know how to optimize a new site, the platform will help you out. There are a lot of features that will automatically improve your pages and content.
Can a Wix website be hacked?
The main advantage (and disadvantages) of these sites is that they’re all hosted on the company’s servers. In other words, they have the maximum possible protection. But, if hackers manage to penetrate the company’s servers, they will have access to all Wix websites at the same time.
The company offers SSL certificates as part of all plans including the free plan. This is a good way to create an additional layer of protection.
Does Wix own my domain name?
Another nice feature is the ability to purchase your domain name from the company. Even if you got a domain from some other host, you would still be able to connect to Wix servers. By transferring the whole domain to this platform, you gain access to all its features.
Can I use my own domain with Wix for free?
Wix domain name contains the name itself, as well as the suffix.
When you create one of these websites, you will get a free domain. That is, you will get a special URL that contains the name Wix in it. There is an option of replacing the free URL that you get from the company by connecting to your domain name. This action can be performed at any time.
A good reason why you should get a personal domain is to improve SEO. This, in itself, would make it worth your while.
CHK_ YOUR NAME RIGHT NOW
Use our engine to quickly check your content right now!