The GoDaddy website builder is affordable and user-friendly. This is an internet technology company that has been around for decades and offers professional website templates that are the right scope for smaller businesses just getting started in their branding.
GoDaddy has scalability so it can grow as your business does and can be a good choice for those who want to sell products online as it has an e-commerce plan that makes it simple to add products or change details.
It also offers enhanced security features other companies lack so businesses that deal with confidential information can transmit it easily with confidence it will be secure and protected. That will go a long way to boosting your customer’s confidence in your business.
- It’s super easy to use.
- Responsive layouts.
- It has marketing tools.
- It has a high security ranking.
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO tools are limited
- Functionality is limited
- It doesn’t let you switch templates.
- Versions and updates are incompatible.
What are the pros and cons of GoDaddy?
GoDaddy has several pros and cons that are unique to the company. There are always good points and bad aspects to a company, but it is up to you regarding the priority you put on each. GoDaddy’s pros and cons are listed below.
- The GoDaddy website builder is one of the most user-friendly versions around. The editor is organized and it’s simple to add or remove parts without a lot of website building knowledge.
- It’s important in today’s world for business websites to automatically adapt to different devices, including tablets, phones, and personal computers. You want customers to be able to see your site and work your links no matter what device they are using. This is a prime advantage that GoDaddy’s web builder offers. Business owners can even use the website editor from their smartphones, so it’s a breeze to make changes on the go.
- Adding the marketing features was a smart move as promoting a website matters just as much as launching one. The marketing aspects of the GoDaddy website solution include a built-in tool for email marketing, a social media content creator, and a better blogging feature.
- GoDaddy is recognized by the world’s major browsers for its security and is well trusted. Its security SSL certificates come with every paid plan and its email is also encrypted, making it one of the safest ever for a web hosting company. It has regular updates and knowledgeable representatives to help with any security issue.
- The problem with GoDaddy’s SEO options is that there aren’t many of them, even on the higher-tiered plans. The ones available on the lower-cost plans are basic and not that helpful. Some can even hurt your SEO ranking as it automatically changes a page URL when you make a small change on the page.
- The number of integrations available is limited and that hurts GoDaddy’s web builder’s functionality. There isn’t an app store, so you are severely limited to what they offer.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of the GoDaddy website builder plans is its inability to switch templates, so you must love the one you pick.
- GoDaddy has put out several versions of its website builder over the past few years. While updating isn’t necessarily a bad thing, the fact that one is compatible can be frustrating because your website isn’t transferable to the new version. That means you will need to rebuild it every time there is a major update which is about every two years.
What are the best features of GoDaddy?
There are plenty of reasons to love GoDaddy. Beyond its ease-of-use, GoDaddy is scalable so it will grow with your business. It offers monthly data transfers and unlimited storage with all its plans.
The company’s uptime is excellent and that is one of the most important aspects of a website builder. Tests of the site’s uptime show that a website is pinged by a tool every 15 minutes and immediately sends an email alert if it is unresponsive for more than a minute. The web builder didn’t fail once during a 14-day testing time so there won’t be any downtime issues.
Being able to edit your site from a smartphone is one of the positive aspects of GoDaddy Websites + Marketing. It is just as easy to change your sites or add a section from your smartphone on the GoDaddy site as it is from your desktop.
How much does GoDaddy cost?
The first thing people notice when they go to the GoDaddy Websites + Marketing site is that it states you can have a free website. That’s true. You can start for free.
The company does have a free plan where you get one website with web hosting and full access to the customer support team. It has some email and social marketing included but that is limited.
All of GoDaddy’s paid plans include SSL certified, designs that adapt to various devices, PayPal integration, customer service, and a free business phone number that is good for a year. However, you will need to buy a domain name. Domain names cost $2.99 for the first year.
There are four paid plans. Here’s a look at pricing for each:
This plan is $14.99 a month or $9.99 if you commit for a year. It includes:
- One custom domain
- One social media platform
- The ability to create five social media posts and responses month
- 100 marketing emails a month.
The Standard package is $19.99 a month and $14.99 for a one-year commitment.
Includes all the elements of the Basic Plan but also has:
- Three social media listings
- 20 social post and responses per month
- 500 emails per month
This plan is $24.99 a month or $19.99 monthly with an annual commitment. It includes all the features of the Standard package plus the following:
- Unlimited social media platforms and posts
- Appointment booking features
- 25,000 marketing emails a month
The E-commerce Plan
This plan is for those serious about having an online store. It is $29.99 a month or $24.99 monthly with a one-year commitment. It has the elements of the Premium Plan but also includes:
- Features to edit or add product listings
- The ability to set up shipping options
- The ability to open an online store with ecommerce features.
- The ability to sell on online marketplaces like eBay and Amazon
- The ability to offer discounts and manage promotions
What kind of customer support can users expect?
One of the ways GoDaddy goes beyond other companies in customer support. It offers an online chat option along with its 24/7 phone support. The chat feature is effective as an agent comes online in less than a minute. Answers took around two minutes to pop up during a consumer test.
The company also had a massive Help Center where you can see how-to videos and step-by-step instructions to fix common problems. There is a large knowledge base as well so you can find the answers you need on your own.
What are the benefits of GoDaddy?
The benefits of using GoDaddy are plentiful for those just starting out with a new website. They include being able to start your own website for free until you become more knowledgeable about your branding and business, one of the best uptimes of any company on the market, ease of use, and a built-in photo gallery.
There are more than 100 templates to choose from for your site and all have various changeable themes. You can upload images from your phone as well as a desktop and make any number of changes on the go.
GoDaddy has scalability so you can move to the next tier as your business grows. Adding marketing options with each of the plans also helps small business owners jumpstart their branding and publicity. That is especially helpful for those not familiar with marketing.
What are the disadvantages of GoDaddy?
One of the disadvantages of using GoDaddy is that you will likely have to redo your website as the company pushes out new versions. So far, none of the versions are compatible.
For those used to professional marketing, GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing falls a little short of its competitors. The paid tiers are a little more expensive than others as well. E-commerce is not available on all paid tiers and GoDaddy doesn’t let you switch templates.
Can I use GoDaddy with WordPress?
Yes, GoDaddy offers WordPress hosting plans that are both affordable and reliable. It also has one-click installs and updated features with a long list of add-ons and themes.
What makes GoDaddy different from other web builder sites?
GoDaddy is one of the oldest internet companies in the industry with more than 20 years of experience behind it. The company has the knowledge, technology, and customer support to help small businesses like online sales businesses, bloggers, and even website developers build an online presence.
The GoDaddy web hosting platform is secure with and uses a cPanel, which is rated as one of the best and easiest dashboards to use.
How easy is it to use the GoDaddy website builder?
It is easy to create a website with the GoDaddy website builder. All you have to do is type in your type of industry or idea and the website builder will show a number of templates associated with your industry or idea.
All you have to do from there is add your own pictures and text to create your website.
How secure is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy offers the highest of security, especially considering its affordability. Every paid website comes with an SSL certificate. Using the strong encryption available, the GoDaddy SSL certificates are trusted by all browsers. An SSL is necessary because it keeps visitors’ information safe by encrypting information going from the website to the server. Plus, GoDaddy has 24/7 phone support.
Security doesn’t stop there. GoDaddy also provided email encryption, which allows users to transmit confidential information by email. It partnered with Proofpoint, a top-ranked cyber security company to protect email data in transit.
Now, records like legal documents and medical information can be safely emailed. That allows even more small businesses to take advantage of GoDaddy’s features and prices without giving up security.
CHK_ YOUR NAME RIGHT NOW
Use our engine to quickly check your content right now!